Tuesday, June 10, 2008

{in my own backyard}

I've been on the qwest for an orchard to do some pictures. And when I say qwest I have driven all over Salt Lake Valley in search of one with no promise of ever finding one. That was until last week, when I was on my way home from running, what do you know about a 2 min. walk from my house happens to be a small orchard.
I was so excited! My running partner gladly volunteered her son to be my scout. The family that lives there said they just recently bought the place and it hasn't been taken care of so this year there won't be any apples, but they are trying to get things under control so that they will be back next spring. That made me feel better as I run by this place all the time and just couldn't imagine I wouldn't have seen the trees in bloom, makes sense now!
She was so kind and told me to come back whenever I wanted. She can bet to see more of me.

Photobucket

I couldn't decide if I liked this better in color or the vintage??

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No need for apples when there's yummy grass around.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Maude said...

Very neat, Kendi. I love the tall grass, too. (Guess that wont' be there when they get the orchard under repair, but it makes for fun pictures. Your usual great work!

Love,
Mom/Blythe